Wednesday 7 March 2012

Day 3: Root Canals and Trampolines

"I am doing the best I can given what I have today."
- Jillian Michaels (Winning by Losing)


Mid-Week Weigh-In:  2.6 pounds down!
Woah! I was not expecting to see the scale go down so fast! What a great surprise.

Today's Fitness Plan : Cardio 1
I went to bed yesterday thinking my root canal might affect my Meal Plan for today. I never thought it'd have an impact on my Fitness Plan to boot!  But it did.  Oh boy, it did!  Every bounce, jump, and kick triggered a shot of pain right in my tooth and would then radiate to most of my upper left jaw.  Greeeeeat. Turns out the post-procedure pain is worse than the root canal itself.  Who would've thought?

Nevertheless, I was determined to do my morning workout. I was so excited to do cardio.  A few minutes into it, though, I realised I'm going to hate my cardio workouts.  Not because of the difficulty, but because of my apartment.  Let me explain: we live on the second floor of a two-story condo unit.  The couple living below us have already told us that they can hear us walk in the apartment and that, at times, it can be loud.  Now just imagine me, at 5:00 AM, doing Jillian's cardio workout : jumping and running and hot feet and suicides....  *sigh* I won't be able to do so without waking up and seriously angering my neighbours on a daily basis.

I borrowed a mini trampoline from my boyfriend's mom for this very reason, but I was disheartened to see that it won't be much help.  While I can do half of the moves on the trampoline (jogging, military march, etc), the other half just doesn't transfer well.  The trampoline isn't wide enough for me to do "hot feet" properly.  Or "running man". And just forget about suicides! (which are probably be the best cardio-building exercise of the entire workout).  I'm not quite sure what to do.  Obviously, I won't get the best results if I can't do any of the cardio workouts properly...

Until I come up with a better solution, I will just do double workouts on cardio days.  I'll do the video as best I can on my trampoline in the morning and add a second workout in the afternoon / evening.  Hopefully it'll balance out.  Tonight's second workout (tooth allowing) is going to be Dance Central 2.  I love dancing games (I used to be the biggest DDR fan) and I can work out quite a sweat in half an hour. 


Today's Meal Plan

Very green smoothie.

Breakfast: Pumpkin Spinach Smoothie (again).  Still not good, but better than nothing. At least it didn't hurt my tooth.

Lunch: TBD

Supper: TBD

Snack: Plain Greek Yogourt

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed that you are working out after a root canal! I had one last fall and it was excruciating!

    I hear you on the apartment thing. I'm on the 3rd floor. I cringe but hope that they're sleeping soundly at 5:30am. I haven't had a complaint yet. Knock on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. SocialEnterpriseBuzz

    ReplyDelete